10.19.2012

A new lighting adventure

I'm totally into light. That's a fact I repeat in almost every entry, but I've been out of the lighting world for so long, it seems ages. It's been more than a year since I went back to Sweden to present my thesis, and met my friends that were totally into light like me, and it's almost a year since I stopped working because I hated here money was the important thing, not new ideas, nor lighting queality, but complete business.

Anyways, it's been ages since I felt into the light world, because reading about it is not the same as being totally immerse. Reading about it is as walking in the beach, making your ankles wet, you enojy it, and it's fine, but it's a greater sensation to get into the sea with a friend a play in the waves.

I might get in the sea tomorrow, and for a whole week.

Tomorrow begins a workshop in a city near mine, and then some conferences will follow. I'm not so sure about the workshop. I compare it to the Alingsas workshop I went to when I was in Sweden and... just by the organisation, and how I felt before, well... not the same at all. I think it was because in Alingsas I expected nothing, and all of us were totally enthusiastic about it, we got the last places, and even found a cute cabin for spending the night as no room in the hostel was available and the hotel... I don't remember if it had room, but it was really expensive... and we were 5, 4 in the little cabin and a fifth friend who booked long before us. (He was into light long before us). Right now everything is different. I am in a hotel reccommended by the workshop, which is not what I expected at all, and it flood with fluorescent cool light that makes me feel kind of strange, kind of with a headache, I know almost nobody, I came by bus, and I know one of the organisers and one of the head designers... and just by the fact that I'll be in a workshop or in conferences, makes me miss my lighting friends so much... but nobody will be in here, everyone will be in Europe, Asia, or US, and I totally understand that. I'm looking forward for the PLDC in Copenhaghen next year.

Talking about PLDC, PLDA was the one who sponsored me the workshop, so thanks to them, I'll be writing you about it, (and also thanks to my parents).It is called Queretaluz, it takes places in Querétaro, a city near my city, (Mexico city), and it is beginning tomorrow.

I'm excited, and scared at the same time. Hope everything goes wonderful, regardless all the but's I have.

So... I'll be writting tomorrow, if I'm not too tired, and post some pics. (This reminds me, I have to put my camera in a pocket).